Summary of role:
The Product Manager is tasked with creating the software product strategies and leading software development teams to deliver a finished product. The incumbent would be responsible for the vision and profitability of a product line. This role would require working closely with relevant teams to make business decisions that ensure the company’s long-term sustainability & in the execution of these strategies. The Product Manager would be required to work closely with Technology, Sales, Marketing and Client Services teams to build and enhance products from existing ideas & to ensure corporate goals are met on time and on budget while also ensuring that client and market needs are met.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of a product line including the coordination of activities across various departments:
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospect
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Define feature roadmap for The Annet Group’s (abbreviated as TAG) products based on business opportunities and market research
- Propose an overall product budget to ensure success
- Monitor and set prices on products in product line to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy
- Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product-related Business Requirements Documents
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue
- Become subject matter experts in product’s markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts
- Responsible for product release plans, coordinating with the Head of Marketing for internal and external product launches and with Training teams.
- Develops key market messages with the Head of Marketing and helps drive communication strategies for the product line with the Marketing team (including release notes, demonstrations, and improvement reports).
- Collaborate with technology to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions)
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform TAG of their potential applications to our business.
- Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Develop and deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Work with Training team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Create and maintain profit and loss documentation for products and services.
- Remain knowledgeable and at the forefront of new and emerging technologies.(eg. RPA, AI, Analytics, others.)
- Conducts competitor analysis of our products on a regular basis.
- Reviewing and adjusting product production schedules to maintain product availability.
- Deep knowledge of the Real Estate industry is a must.
- Deep understanding of software product development and hands-on experience a must.
- Well-informed on the use of technology in the real estate market
- Complete knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience working with multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams is a plus
- Comfortable in various operating systems such as Windows & basic software such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- At minimum possess a bachelor’s degree with a technical background.
- Extensive commercial real estate experience which includes operational, financial, and investment management experience
- Product Management certification (not mandatory but preferred)
- Project Management certification (not mandatory but preferred)
- Corporate CRM experience a plus